I’m very excited to announce that the Android version of the Lucid Dreaming App will work with Zeo wireless ElectroEncephaloGram (EEG) headband for sleep phase tracking. This enables the app to monitor your brainwaves with the EEG headband and make very accurate predictions about when you are dreaming and not.
Why this is significant
I could not dream about having access to EEG data on a mobile device 5 years ago. Now it is a reality. Up to date, most dreaming masks relied on EOG – ElectroOculoGram to measure the movements of the eyes to detect REM. This technology required precise positioning of the mask to be able to detect REM. Zeo’s headband monitors brainwaves directly and scores them as sleep, wake , deep sleep or REM sleep. Once this information is available to a cell phone app, the possibilites are very broad. For the first update, I will simply add Zeo as a source of data and let the app work the same.
Requires no calibration
Provides sleep statistics
Customizable light, vibration and audio reminders when REM is detected
- Zeo Wireless headband from Amazon.com
- Zeo Sleep Manager App from the Android Market
- Charge up the headband for 3 hours before first use
- follow instructions in the Zeo Sleep manager app to pair the headband with the Android phone
- When the headband is paired and working, you will see a headband on head icon in the status bar
- The Zeo Sleep Manager will say “Now tracking, you can go to sleep”
- Hold down the Home key to switch between recent apps
- Select the “Lucid Dreaming App” – it must be on top and active to deliver reminders
- To configure the app to work with Zeo:
- Open the menu within the Lucid Dreaming App using the menu button on your Android phone
- Tap on “Preferences“
- Tap on “REM prediction preferences”
- Tap on “Select Smart Timer configuration file”
- Pick your configuration file from the list provided
- Now you can edit the Smart timer events.
- Tap on the event you want to use with the Zeo Headband
- Ensure the event is active
- Scroll down to see the “Use Zeo Headband” checkbox
- Make sure the checkbox is checked
- Commit the changes you made to the event
- Repeat to configure other events
- The clock screen must be on top to process Zeo Events
If you consider buying a Zeo headband for use with the lucid dreaming app, please consider using the link below. I collect affiliate marketing revenue for sales made through Amazon.com.